KISMAYO INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Kismayo institute for research and community development (KIRCD) is non-for-profit Institute which has been established in Kismayo, the Lower Jubba Region in 2009.
The institute is the first of its kind opened in Jubbaland state of Somalia.
The institute, as its name implies, has contributed to the development of the community, especially for Somali students who have not received a high school education, which has enabled them to access universities.
The institute focuses on making it easier for students to get an education that suits their academic level, and based on this, the institute has set up an education department that builds students who do not have the opportunity to complete high school which is two years, and the graduate can enter Kismayo University and other universities in the country.
In addition, high school preparatory students take non-secondary courses such as computer science, business education and public health, which enable students to choose their preferred faculties in which to study.
The institute operates at convenient times for both working and busy people.
The institute also offers short and long courses for university students to improve their academic performance, and the institute has provided these students with professional lecturers at the University of Kismayo, with extensive teaching experience.
These courses include:
- Social work diploma
- midwifery diploma
- Nursing diploma
- Laboratory diploma
- Accounting and finance
- Information technology
- Project management
- Human resource management
- English language
- Arabic language
KIRCD’s Vision, and Objectives
Our vision is to eradicate ignorance and increase the knowledge of Somali students
Kismayo Institute of Research and Community Development involves in community development programs. The institute is active in researching the social development programs that are helpful for the development of the society.
The institute prepares capacity building programs for non-skilled labour and semi-skilled people.
Pacifying, conflict solution and rehabilitation seminaries are part of the KIRCD’s mission
- To offer effective teaching-learning to students.
- To provide the knowledge and skills to students so that they are recognized globally as well as become socially responsible.
- To have regional consideration with regards to local needs, relevance, strength, limitations and the community services.
- To develop attitude, competence and core skills, essential to teaching learning process among the student teachers.
Medium of Instructions
The medium of instructions of the Institute is English Language. We recommend the students to improve their English through our language programs.
The Academic Year
- The Academic year consists of two semesters.
- Each semester starts in September and adjourns in June.
- Each semester has 18 (eighteen) academic weeks including examination.
- There is a 15 days holiday between the two semesters.
- The vacation is two months, July and August.
- Re-exams start the second week of each semester and continue for two weeks.
- All candidates with minimum middle school graduation or Equivalent are permitted for admission.
- Applicants should submit the proof of the qualification they hold.
- An entrance test will be conducted for the applicants.
- There will be a fee of $10 for the entrance exam.
- Nationality, identity and age proof are to be submitted in a clip file.
- A letter of request must be submitted
The Study System
The study system of the Institute is regular. Students should attend all lectures, extra-curricular, and other activities regularly. Any student who is absent more than 25% of the whole attendance will not be allowed to attend the final exam of that subject.
Tuition Fees and Payments Methods
|Full time Tuition fee||120||Per semester|
|Short courses tuition fee||120||Per semester|
These fees do not include certificate and transcript fees. The Institute has the right to change/modify the amount of every fee as need arises.
For further information contact:
Phone: 252-617036566 | Email email@example.com